Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The Citizen Kane of My Youth

Last Week was a momentous week for fans of fine cinema as "Night of the Comet" was finally released on DVD. No word on whether or not it will be coming out on Blu-Ray. Needless to say, It's one of my favorites.

You'd think a movie touting the end of the civilized world due to the planets encounter with Halley's comet would terrify a young buck like myself. Not so much. Sure, its conceivable that my family would've turned into piles of red dust and I'd be all alone...but I'd get to run around Shea Stadium unadulterated. Sounded like a fair trade off for 1986 Del.

(ed note: Young Del wanted nothing to do w/ any form of water after seeing Jaws. I can deal with the end of the world and comets. A great white shark coming out of the bath tub drain...No Thanks.)

So the movie is FINALLY out on dvd and I couldn't be happier.
I can think of one person who can not be pleased though....



You'd think 20+ years would have given the good people at MGM plenty of time to come up with some better cover art. Guess not. Take a look again:



We're talking some serious Acid Washed Camel Toe.

Poor woman has her young crotch in full Slim Goodbody mode.

Sadly this isn't even her lowest point. She also starred in Weekend At Bernies. Hmm, I wonder if that's out on Blu Ray.

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics