Monday, September 17, 2007

So Long Lonesome: or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love leaving Austin

2:30 Austin Airport: Austin might be "the live music capital of the world" but I'll tell you this much: Their airport food court sucks...hard.

I was hoping for more Wendy's, but instead I got Earl Campbell's All Star Cafe.

I don't know how to put this...but he's kind of a big deal down here.

The menu was pretty skimpy. Hot dogs and sausages a plenty though. I ended up with ordering a LoneStar beer and a "Campbell's family recipe" sloppy joe. I think the Hunt's Manwich people can rest assured knowing that the Earl Campbell recipe has got nothing on them.

There wasn't much sloppy or joe to it.

I've never been so happy for a layover in Phoenix. Wifi and a real food court await.


Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics